06 March 2013


baby steps. my interest these days is not so much to lay down new fixed and firm ideas but to hunt this process wherein i use breath and attunement to midwife what's in the air as opposed to dredging the strictly personal. it is a bit like sitting down to conduct your own mass. i've done it before but i haven't understood it as lifeblood or centerpiece to my purpose before. 

i also understand that if i want to be a performer i have to develop a relationship to the camera and other ways people are present to receive my performance. its like a cook not just needing to prepare luscious food stuffs but needing the plate to serve it on. the awareness and utilization of 'performance' becomes the fine china or the paper, but i'd be a fool to ignore my choices about which. so... i figure if i make it an exercise to establish presence in improvisation while i work to develop a relationship to the lens, this will be good for my development... 

No comments:

Post a Comment